Monday, July 27, 2009

Kathryn Pannepacker is working on a really incredible project via the Mural Arts Program, called FINDING HOME, a project aimed at bringing light to issues of homelessness

See attached for some more details, but the long and short of it is that I am orchestrating weaving workshops at safe haven/shelters around Philadelphia, as well as at other public spots.... to bring all together, those with and without shelter to weave many many 'mats' that will then be the canvas for the mural.

So, what am I requesting?? Please pull out your calendar and make a plan to come down to the base camp/shelter cafe hub of this project on any Tuesday and/or Friday. I am there from 9am-3p.m.every Tuesday and Friday thru August. Come down for an hour or less or more. Please come once or twice or lots. I need your help. Over, under, over, under. Your heart and mind will open further, as mine has...

no experience necessary

Where? the shelter/cafe is at the se corner of 8th & Arch Street, Philadelphia.
no need to rsvp, as I will be there and ready for many each day, but please do write it in your calendar, as I know how busy life gets!

thank you very much
Kathryn

No comments: