Sunday, July 6, 2008

Summer Update: Bassem Yousri Mostafa

Bassem Yousri Mostafa is a second year painter MFA. I have been at school all of the time this summer taking classes and I see him almost everyday. I was wondering what he was up to. He has a show coming up in a local gallery in Old City at the Knapp Gallery. I asked him a few questions and he sent me some pictures..

What are you up to?
I had a very busy May and June; I have a solo show in September in Old City at the Knapp Gallery. I finished all the pieces for the show by the end of June (the show will have about 27 paintings) and now I am in Cairo for the rest of the summer and that is what I am excited about now. It's very important for me to spend a long time home, not only emotionally but also to rethink about a lot of things concerning home, the United States, where I want to be and what I want to do in the near and far future.

What are you excited about? (read above)

Any good advice you have heard lately?
A good advice that I remember right now has been said to me by the owner of a fashion store where I worked for nine months before going to Tyler: " You'd be so lucky to be a student for the rest of your life".

The following pictures are a taste of the paintings that will be in the show, there will be a post about the opening details closer to the show.



No comments: