Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Studio Visit: Lauren Abshire

Lauren is a second year printmaking grad. She makes super cool installations of topographical
imagery, she also throws a very good mardi gras party...or so I hear.


What are you working on?
I'm working on an installation with prints and other media ... I have a big floor installation I'm
trying to figure out, with lighting and everything, that involves wood bock prints and the wood
blocks (I cut into pieces with a band saw) to make a fragmented topographical landscape. I also
am trying to finish a machine I made that is a combination of a turntable and an overhead
projector ... I changed the platter out with clear acrylic, and it projects a path being made on a
landscape print as it turns. Other than that, figuring out how to set everything up in the gallery!

What are you excited about right now?
Finishing school, mostly .. And finishing my show so that I can start on new ideas. Oh, and the
new season of Lost.


If I bought you a drink what would it be?
Either vodka and cranberry or beer.
(Lauren never got her post in full, so im reposting her responses with the pictures she finally got to me!)
(
Jerry's post finally got answers! check it out!)

Stone Path:
Drawing with light:

Studio wall:
Music, our saving grace most days:
Lauren's fancy photo collage of her naturally lit studio:

No comments: