Sunday, February 24, 2008

TwoFold Exhibition: Part 2

So finally the follow up post! The TwoFold Exhibition is one that I have been excited about since the first rumors of it happening. Being that I am from MassArt and know many of the second year painters in the grad program there, I was excited for the exchange because it usually means openings and new artists coming to Tyler for a short visit.

Massart's grad painting department's artwork is in Tyler Gallery from
February 21st to March 1st.

The closing reception is March 1st from 5-7pm
Tyler Gallery @ Tyler School of Art
7725 Penrose Avenue
Elkins Park, PA

The pictures are single pieces because Tyler Gallery is really gigantic.

Stephanie Costello, she makes incredibly detailed, colorful, complex drawings/guache on papers. She is also one of the most hilarious people I have ever met, I don't know why but she kills me.


Owen Rundquist is super awesome, he can jump really high, his art is radical. We are friends only because of the later. Only joking! And his painting Curses from the Wasteland is not hung slanted its just the way I took the picture.
Michael Zachary's mixed media pieces that you should go look at.

Detail of Catherine Stack's prints with stitching details (my favorite)
Michelle Carter's big red painting in the first room of Tyler Gallery:

No comments: