Sunday, February 10, 2008

Studio Visit: Sheryl Oppenheim

So Sheryl is a first year painter, she makes brightly colored paintings and is very ambitious. She is also the first non-crafts department person I have been able to do a complete studio visit with!! She recently, pretty single handedly, organized the Twofold Exhibition which seemed like a whole lot of work. She is also my roommate and I asked her a few questions and took a few pictures...

What are you working on ?
Visually consuming and appropriating everything I find interesting, from beach balls to the alphabet. A to B?

What are you really excited about right now?
Screen printing, my new diabetes medication, beach balls, egg rolls, Matt Curry's paintings, a sale on diet coke and room in my studio for more work!

In one word, how would you describe yourself?
Industrio-ridiculous or/and pancreas-challenged


We all have messy desks...I think its really just a more visual kind of organization:
Large paintings, small paintings, mixed media, collage, letters:

letters!:

Sheryl is learning to silkscreen, so far so good:

No comments: